WHAT TO DO IN BRIEF -- ACTION ALERT -- FY13 GWI CDMRP FUNDING
ACTION NEEDED: Ask Your Congressman/Congresswoman to sign onto the "Roe-Michaud Dear Colleague Letter" for FY14 Gulf War Illness CDMRP funding.
DEADLINE: Sign-On's must be made by April 12, 2013 (NEW DEADLINE).
STEP-BY STEP IN JUST 10 STEPS -- HOW TO CONTACT:
- Read this backgrounder, then Find your Congressman/Congresswoman here (near the top right corner, enter your zip code).
- [Don't worry about Senators right now]
- [If they didn't, don't worry about it, keep going with the request]
- If you get their voicemail, leave a detailed voicemail.
- [For example: "I'm one of the one in three Gulf War veterans suffering from Gulf War Illness".
- Or, "I'm the wife/husband/son/daughter/parent of a Gulf War veteran suffering from Gulf War Illness."
- Or, "I'm one of many other veterans besides those who served in the Gulf War and I'm also suffering for chronic multisymptom illness, commonly known as Gulf War Illness."
- [If they signed on last year, state that you know they will likely want to sign on again this year]
- If they say they will sign on, post a comment below this post with the name of the Congressperson and that they will sign on.
- Be polite
- Be pleasant
- Be urgent
- Be respectful
- Be convincing
- Be brief
- Be SPECIFIC with the REQUEST: Sign onto the "Roe-Michaud Dear Colleague Letter" for FY14 Gulf War Illness CDMRP funding.
Post a Comment