The Department of Defense, Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) is actively seeking military personnel, veterans, and/or family caregivers to serve as consumer* reviewers of scientific proposals to help determine the research that will be funded this year.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Gulf War Illness
- Lung Cancer
- Peer Reviewed Cancer (skin cancers and genetic cancers as related to exposure during deployments)
- Peer Reviewed Orthopaedic
- Psychological Health (including PTSD)/Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
The CDMPR program was established to fund and manage research grants designed to address the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and mitigation of these conditions, diseases and/or illnesses.
Consumers participate in the scientific peer review process as representatives of those living with the condition/disease/illness that has touched their lives. They provide a broad perspective of condition-related issues important to their community. They may be survivors who have been affected by the conditions, diseases and/or illnesses or family members caring for individuals with the condition/disease/illness.
Consumers who are not active duty military are nominated by their advocacy, outreach, support organization or treatment professional to participate in this important process. Consumers who are military personnel may apply directly.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity call 301-360-2150, or email:
- Ann Dodelin, at: firstname.lastname@example.org ,or
- Carolyn Branson, at: email@example.com.
You can also check the CDMRP Web site at http://cdmrp.army.mil for additional information.
* Consumer definitions are program specific.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://cdmrp.army.mil/cwg/default.shtml